The primary responsibility is to obtain physician recommendation of the GERBER Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ Nutrition System to patients resulting in product sales and achievement of market share objectives. Start Healthy begins with Breast Feeding as the optimal source of infant nutrition. Primary focus will be Hospital share achievement, Pediatricians and OB recommendations, WIC Nutritionists in WIC State Public Health Units. The representative must have a credible knowledge of maternal and infant nutrition including our range of products and services, with strong selling and presentation skills, organization and coordination skills and collaborative team work skills.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Within selected accounts, maximize Gerber business opportunities to achieve objectives and respond to customer needs.
* Achieve Gerber Infant product recommendations and achieve target objectives with called on pediatricians and OB GYNS in territory.
* Within selected Pediatrician offices, ensure the awareness and recommendation of our product portfolio and the Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ Nutrition System (Prenatal to 48 months of age). Start Healthy begins with Breast Feeding as the optimal source of infant nutrition.
* Within State WIC Offices and Public Health Care Units, assist with educating on the Gerber Start Healthy Stay Healthy System as it relates to early childhood nutrition
* Manage and coordinate the appropriate business logistics to achieve our shared business and sales objectives within the State.
* Manage all individual medical detailing, educational , promotional and patient sampling
* Develop proficient selling skills (PSS) and product knowledge about Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ Nutrition System, develop territory and management plans to accomplish short and long term business goals .
* Apply accurate and complete knowledge of Gerber and competitor products
* Attend and participate in appropriate training and development classes, where you may have to travel for a week or more. Complete all on-line and self study courses and pass competency testing.
* Participate in relevant medical professional national and regional convention exhibits.
* Compliance with US PhRMA code guidelines.
* This position requires knowledge equivalent to that which would normally be acquired by completing a 4-year college degree program in a science-related field (nursing, biology, nutrition, chemistry) or in marketing or business administration.
* Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets company requirements.
* Candidates should have 2 to 3 years experience in the clinical/healthcare environment. Sales experience is preferred.
* Articulate, assertive, self-motivated, confident, strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate creative thinking and problem solving skills.
* Good business acumen is a requirement, as is the ability to adapt well within rapidly changing work and industry environment.
* Extensive computer skills a plus.
* Comfort discussing issues with physicians, dietitians, nurses and other clinical professionals.
* Must be able to meet basic minimum work schedule: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week with additional hours as necessary. Some weekend work is required.
* Must be able to travel within territory and to assigned meetings.
* Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing is required.
* Ability to stand, walk, sit continuously to perform essential functions for an eight hour-plus shift is required.
* Ability to distribute samples as needed to physician offices and hospitals
* Must live within assigned territory.
* Clinical Credentials (RD, RN, IBCLC, CMR)
* Business Credentials (MS, MBA)
* Experience calling on Health Care Professionals preferably pediatricians, neonatologists, and OBGYN’s.
* Pharmaceutical Sales Expertise.
* Experience with navigating sales through hospitals in the Term Nursery and NICUs; and with operational departments including materials management, purchasing.
Category: Nestle Health Science