Nestle Medical Affairs Manager - Consumer Care in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Nestl Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition as an integral part of managing health and disease is growing.
Nestl Health Science , a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestl Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
To be an integrated partner in strategic business decisions and externally focused as a credible scientific partner with key stakeholders through :
translating science to educate internal and external stakeholders
engaging stakeholders to gain insights and shape the market
creating and activating evidence to differentiate NHSc brands
CLINICAL EXPERTISE--> Be an integral partner in strategic business decisions by providing clinical and nutrition science expertise:
1) Inform commercial strategy throughout product lifecycle to support adoption
2) Provide medical, scientific expertise for assigned platforms
3) Be a core partner in the I&R process to ensure consumer / patients need and HCPs expectations
MEDICAL COMMUNICATION / INFORMATION -->
1) Provide clinical substantiation and messaging
2) Coordinate claims dossier for all new product claims, partnering with external resources.
3) Develop, guide and write scientific publications and medical communications
4) Evaluate evidence and translate the science to support product and platform claims
5) Proactively seek relevant evidence/ insights /facts by attending congresses, keeping abreast of the literature, and through patient and stakeholder engagement.
MEDICAL LEADERSHIP --> Assure NHSc leadership in the Healthcare & Scientific Community by
1) Liaising / Partnering with external Stakeholders (SH) (e.g. KOLs, experts, Professional Societies and Patient Associations) to drive business strategy
2) Sharing relevant insights within NHSc to inform development and commercialization
3) Shape local and national pathways, protocols and guidelines through education and research.
MEDICAL EDUCATION --> Deliver outstanding Medical Education:
1) Develop medical education internally and externally.
2) Organize scientific symposia at key conferences.
3) Training of internal teams on in-depth clinical topics related to assigned platforms
EVIDENCE GENERATION --> Assess, guide and assure the delivery of evidence to support NHSc assets
1) Participate with cross functional business partners to identify overall evidence generation needs for the business and assess Real World Evidence (RWE) opportunities that meet patients and HCPs expectations
2) Guide/Lead RWE, such as observational studies, meta-analyses, Systematic Literature Reviews and quality improvement projects
3) Identify the need for evidence generation to support claims
Qualifications EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Professional credential in nutrition or related field (RD, RN, RPh)
Advanced degree (MS, PhD, DCN)
Minimum 5 years combination of clinical (patient care) and industry experience
Expertise in specialized area (Healthy Growing, Healthy Aging, GI, Obesity Care, etc )
Publication in peer-reviewed journal
Strong scientific background, proven clinical experience and good skills to translate from science to clinical development, registration and practice
The Nestl Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Category: Management, Food Safety, Nestle Health Science